How Do I ...?
How do I become a Christian?
- Admit -Admit you are a sinner and turn away from your sin to follow God’s new direction for your life. (Rom. 3 :23; Acts 3:19)
- Believe -Trust in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, for eternal life. (Jn. 3:16)
- Confess -Acknowledge Jesus as Lord and the Leader of your life. (Rom. 10:9,13)
- Invite -Pray asking Jesus to forgive you and accept God’s free gift of salvation. (Rom. 6:23, 10:13, Jn. I:12)
How may I join?
- By Baptism - When you have already personally committed your life to Jesus Christ, but have not yet been baptized by immersion as a public symbol of your faith.
- By Transfer - When you are a member of another Baptist Church.
- By Statement - When you are a member of a church of another denomination of like faith and practice, and have been baptized by immersion as a public symbol of your faith.
When do I join?
Near the close of the service, during the invitation, go forward to the minister and tell him of your decision. We strongly encourage a meeting with one of the ministerial staff prior to this decision. A minister will meet with you to help you understand your decision, answer any questions, pray with you and secure the information necessary for our records. Usually this takes just a few minutes. New members are presented and welcomed to the church.
I still have some questions.
You are more than welcome to call, 270-886-1216 or fill out the Communication Card in Sunday's bulletin and place it in the offering plate.